All of our dynamic techniques, proficiency and prime experience at acheiving top rankings are completely pointless without a solid, workable and consistent strategy for boosting your organic search results. Having a proper SEO strategy in place from the very start of your seo project is essential, and by getting the fundamentals right, our SEO forecasting and reporting have a much closer relationship; what this means for you as our client is that when we predict you will be in the top 3 results for your keyword in 3-4 months, after 4 months you can be pretty sure that this is where you will be.
There is no such thing as guaranteed SEO; anyone who tells you there is does not understand the industry. There is, however, such a thing as informed projections – these projections are all based on our SEO strategy and by using previous experiences we can determine a good idea of where you are likely to see improvements and at what points during your seo campaign.
A 12 step SEO strategy
Depending on which of our SEO packages you select, your personal SEO strategy will be refined to suit your budget, website and target audience, but loosely speaking your campaign will follow the next 12 steps:
- Market Research – we will consult with you to identify your target demographics (i.e. groups of people broken down by income, gender, geographical location, family size/structure, education, profession etc) and to uncover where these people are most likely to be found on the web. For instance higher income males over 50 are more likely to be found on Amazon than on eBay. Housewives of middle to high income are more likely to use the search engine Ask!, whilst males aged 20-45 of low to upper middle income are more likely to use Google and longer search strings. Key SEO industry knowledge like this combined with the knowledge of your market helps us to put the first struts in place to further develop your SEO strategy.
- Keyword Research – armed with the information on who your target audience is, we then look at the offering of your website to uncover the search strings your customers are likely to use to find what you have to offer. You will already know some of these, but our team will help to build on your initial list to cover your entire industry in the best way possible for your business. From this list we can then identify the best targets for short term, medium term and long term, again taking into consideration your budget and ambitions and factor this into your SEO strategy moving forwards.
- Competitor Analysis – now that we know your target market and your ideal keywords, we will look at who the current big players are within your industry. This is not necessarily the same online as it would be offline, as the internet has allowed a number of lesser known businesses the flexibility to have a much higher reach without requiring traditional marketing methods. Once we know who the players are, we can then find out what SEO strategy they employ and how they have acheived their high rankings. We use this knowledge to give your website a jump start in the rankings.
- SEO Forecasting – armed with all of the research we have uncovered so far, we can now go through each of your keywords and determine what action we will take to give you a solid indication of where your website should feature in the search results over a set timeframe. Again we take the opportunity to consult with you to ensure that our SEO strategy will yield a solid return on investment for you
- Onsite optimisation – this is broken down into a large number of components and prepares your site so that the search engines are able to access your content easily, the structure of your website is friendly to search engines and robots alike, your design does not intrude on the readability of your pages and that key elements are in place. We recommend you visit the dedicated onsite optimisation pages on this site to see all of the steps we take within this stage of your SEO strategy
- Search Engine Submission – now that your website is ready for the search engines, we will alert them to its existence, normally by pointing them to a sitemap or by submitting your url to them. We monitor these submissions to make sure you have the widest possible permeation amongst all of the different search engines, and introduce them to what you have to offer.
- Directory Submission – to announce to the search engines that your site is well and truly live, we will also embark on aggressively building inbound links to your site. The first step in this SEO process is to register your site with a large volume of web directories. These are possibly the easiest links to acquire and because of the large numbers you can acheive in a quick period of time, this is a great way to jumpstart your SEO campaign and a key component of the SEO strategy.
- Articles – now that the search engines are aware of your website and they are starting to uncover links to it from all over the internet, we start article writing on subjects pertaining to your industry, products or services and your specific business. Once we have completed each article, we then complete article submission to propogate this content to more websites. These articles will help to build credibility and strong presence within your keywords both with the search engines and with customers who read them
- Satellite Sites – we also build credibility and start to work on your industry domination by creating small, niche websites which belong to you that are focussed on specific keywords and contain multiple links to pages within your website. Again, each of these is announced to the search engines and where possible we also complete directory submission on them, employing a micro SEO strategy on each individual sattelite website.
- Link Building – With your website firmly in place in the search engines and now attracting initial visitors, we will continue to build links pointing to it from numerous third part websites. These links are all announced to the major search engines to allow them to be credited to you as quickly as possible and help to “vote” for your site and therefore boost your natural rankings.
- SEO Reports – from this stage onwards, we build comprehensive reports for you, showing you what progress has been made on each individual keyword and what our SEO strategy has acheived for your business. Integrating third party tools such as Google Analytics, these reports also then help us to adjust our SEO forecasting and to demonstrate to you the return on investment your SEO package has produced.
- Link Baiting – now that your website is established and has credibility in the eyes of the search engines within your industry, we will start adding content and advising you on ways in which you can encourage others to link to you. This process is called link baiting and can only be effective once all of the other steps of the SEO strategy are in place, as you need a core amount of visitors to be able to find your content before they can then decide to link to it.
Ongoing SEO strategy
Lather, Rinse, Repeat – with the information generated from our reporting, we can at this stage identify what else we can do to build on the initial successes. Every SEO project at this point is different, but we will choose from the above steps to continue growing your organic search traffic – repeating steps that have worked well, and revising steps which have not worked as well as we initially hoped. At every stage of your SEO strategy we will be constantly monitoring your own progress as well as that of your competitors and advising you on what actions you can take that will magnify the work we are doing on your behalf.
Our SEO strategy is designed to maximise your return on investment and to give you solid and dependable results for your money. It also allows you to know exactly what we will be doing within any given timeframe so you can transparently see what work we are doing on your behalf. Unlike many SEO experts, at Flosee we believe you should be kept fully informed of what we do to keep your visitors coming to you, and you are an essential ingredient to our SEO strategy at every step of the process.