Local SEO – a case study
One of our most popular services is our local SEO package, which is designed specifically for small businesses who are targeting their local area with niche products and services and want to increase their exposure to customers using search engines. Recently, we were asked to start a local SEO campaign for a business from Woodbridge which specialises in offering training and support for Twitter, FaceBook and other social media channels. The video below shows where this site is in the search results at the start of our campaign and focuses on a single keyword, showing the simple techniques we employ to laser in on each keyword and raise the profile of that keyword which then feeds through to an increased local SEO ranking very quickly.
Local SEO – the starting position
In total, we have identified nearly 500 target keywords for this local SEO campaign (the search queries people will use when searching for the products or services offered by this customers), and in the video we look at just one of them – “Twitter Marketing Help Woodbridge” which on the 27th November 2011 is sitting at 7th position in google.co.uk for UK specific searches. Now this is quite obviously a very specific local SEO search string, and not one which is likely to bring in thousands of visitors to the website in question, BUT the few people who are searching for this keyword are exactly the type of people that we would want to be arriving at this particular website. These visitors would be “pre-qualified” – i.e. people who have searched for this will be VERY interested in the services on offer at socialmediaillumination.co.uk. We have also made a record of the other target search keywords within the local SEO campaign, and sent these to the business owner. For complete clarity though, below you will find a cross section of keywords along with the current position on 27th November 2011 (all keywords checked in google.co.uk for UK only results):
Local SEO – the solution
In order to target these (and many other) keywords, we have a multi platform local SEO approach, including:
- Directory submissions – we will submit this website to a list of over 4000 directories.
- Search engine location services – we will ensure this website appears on Google maps, Yahoo Local and other relevant search engine driven geographic services.
- Review sites – we will submit and/or optimise the website listing on major community review and consumer websites such as Yelp, Qype, Touchlocal etc
- Profile creation – we will create various profiles on a targeted list of relevant websites
- Blog commenting – as demonstrated in the above video, we will find RELEVANT, well respected and recent blog posts which relate to the customers website, then submit comments which show that we have read the original article and add value to the page. These comments will in turn include backlinks to the clients’ website which are incredibly focused on individual keywords
Interested in our Local SEO Service?
If you would like us to look at your website to see how our local SEO service can help your business find more customers, please contact us, or use the comment form below to ask us to review your website. This post will be updated in the next 14 days with a new video showing what effect our work has had for this local SEO client.